[Dataperf] DP Print orientation; is there an option to change print orientation to landscape?

Brendan Magill brendan at magill.co.uk
Fri Jan 31 21:43:45 CET 2020

Hi Ed and all,

I haven’t printed direct from DP for a few years now, Ed, but when I used to do that I was selling my DP applications to quite a few customers so had to come up with a way of handling a variety of different printers.

In those databases I had a panel for system information:  that panel usually had only one record which contained fields for the various system parameters which were needed on my customer’s computer.  One of the fields there was for the printer initiation code and that could contain any printer control codes needed to make the printer work as required.  Probably the most common of those codes was to set the font size but it was also possible to have other codes such as to set the page orientation.  If different orientation or fonts were required for different reports then it was possible to create more than one system record and thus to have different sets of printer codes as necessary.

I came up with this way of controlling printers back in the late 1980s and it worked pretty well for some of my customers for the next twenty years.

I hope this is helpful Ed.

Cheers,

Brendan.
--