[Dataperf] Moving DP from Win 7 to Win 10

Brendan Magill brendan at magill.co.uk
Tue Nov 12 16:31:32 CET 2019

Hi all,

It’s been a while since I’ve seen any posts on this list so I hope that everyone is well and still using DP.

With the ending of Microsoft support for Windows 7 in January next year, I’m looking at moving my system from Windows 7 to Windows 10.  This isn’t going to be the easiest of changes for me as my sight continues to deteriorate but it’s something I’m going to have to face up to.

Currently I run my DP applications under VDOS and this has worked extremely well for me in Win 7.  Does the same version of VDOS work for Win 10 and are there any issues with running it on that platform?  My main DP database is one of which I wrote the original way back in 1986 and it is the heart and soul of my business so it is essential that I can continue to use it every day.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and suggestions on this topic.

Cheers,

Brendan.
--

BRENDAN MAGILL