[Dataperf] Forced log-out?

Bruce Conrad bruce at vcpnews.com
Wed Jun 20 18:03:49 CEST 2018

Be careful when making a copy of all the database files, at least while
there is a chance someone is making changes in DP. At WP one development
group made nightly copies of their issues database (because they were
afraid of losing things) but when they tried restoring from the copies,
there was corruption (so their fear actually was realized by their
actions). This led to us writing the backup utility, which gets around this
some way (I don't remember the details).

The problem comes when say, 1) a user has added a detail record to panel
one, then 2) your copy is done, then 3) keep-a-total modifies a record in
panel two. Problem: your copy now has an incorrect total.