[Dataperf] Practical limit to number of keep-a-totals on a single panel?

Dave Britten davidbrit2 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 16:33:12 CEST 2018

I've been working on a basic consulting time/billing database (I've been busy lately; spreadsheets aren't cutting it anymore), and my time entry panel is up to a whopping 24 keep-a-total definitions spread across 4 auto-calculated fields and going through 6 different links. This is to support various hour totals for clients, projects, monthly summaries, and a few combinations of those.

I don't have any cascading keep-a-totals going on yet; these are all one-hop direct updates. Am I likely to encounter any problems with this many? Aside from performance impact, that is - I have yet to see how my 16 MHz HP palmtop handles it!

-Dave Britten