[Dataperf] DPSpool report to print text on a graphic image.

Tim Rude timrude at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 28 18:03:11 CEST 2017

Hi Robert,

In the latest version of DPSpool (6.3.0), the only thing I changed about graphic printing was to fix the bug that prevented printing additional graphics after one of the non-bitmap types were printed. So it's hard to see how if you had a report that was generating a PDF correctly with an earlier version of DPSpool it would suddenly stop working properly with the 6.3.0 version.

I just tested with a report that prints a graphic of a bank deposit slip (in .bmp format) as well as a number of other small bmp files (digits turned sideways) and all of the lines of regular text printed over it to fill in the deposit entries. We use this report every day when making our bank deposits. Sending it to my PDF printer driver using DPSpool 6.3.0 produced exactly what I was expecting. I get the both the graphics and text in my PDF exactly the same as if i had printed it to an actual printer.

So, some questions:

1) If you output the same print job through DPSpool 6.3.0 to a regular printer, do you get both graphics and text?

2) What PDF printer driver are you using? (I'm using the free Bullzip PDF Printer<http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php> which I highly recommend.) Have you tried your report with a different PDF printer driver?

3) What's the format of the graphics you're trying to print (bmp, jpg, gif, wmf, etc.) and are you trying to print the text over top of the graphics?

4) Would you like to email me a copy of the DPSpool print job file along with the graphic image file(s) so I can see exactly what you're working with? If so, you can send them to timrude at hotmail.com<mailto:timrude at hotmail.com>.

Tim Rude