[Dataperf] Recompute a field when a selection is made in a data-linked field?

Tim Rude timrude at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 8 15:54:49 CEST 2017

You don't need a hidden field on the Invoice Line Item panel to hold the
desired price since that info is readily available through the item link.

Simply set the formula on your 'selling price' field in the Invoice Line
Item panel to: IF [selling price] = 0 THEN [desired price through the
item link] else [selling price] ENDIF

Set the 'selling price' field to update on any change. That way when you
first create the Invoice Line Item record, because the 'selling price'
is initially zero it auto-updates to the 'desired price'. But then you
can adjust it to whatever you want (except zero) and it will stick.

Tim Rude