[Dataperf] Your Experiences with DP and Windows 10

Mark Nepon mnepon at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 10 19:17:47 CET 2017

Also,

Vdos was just too slow for me!!!

So slow.... I mention this twice.

Some of my windows 10 32 bit perform faster than the xp's.

Also for long reports if no one else is using the server is a fast or faster as xp.

If others are accessing the server at same time it is about 20-30% slower than with xp  but even xp's are about 5 times slower when accessing a database used by a few others.

My database uses about 3/4 geg and has over 1 million records.

For reports when the database is in heavy use I simply copy the database to my local machine (takes less than 2 minutes) and the report runs faster than ever on my windows 10 32 bit machine!!

That being said most complicated reports take about 3 minutes (billing aspect which goes through all owing patients assesses interest charges creates and invoice to charge this fee totals to new balance the gives itemized statement of all changes since last billing this is saved to a file is connected to a "merge" word document so I can email these invoices in outlook.

Most reports take 20-30 seconds.

Best Regards, Mark
P.S. It took me several months to figure out how to install the 32 bit version on any machine and get it working as good as or better than WinXp.