[Dataperf] DP-created text file on user's desktop

Colin Roberts colin at bestdoors.co.nz
Tue Apr 25 20:36:23 CEST 2017

Hi Tim,

If I understand correctly I sorta have been doing this for a while (I think)
Current OS is Windows Server 2003 but we had NT with Citrix overlay prior
and this format DPspool report also worked on NT.

Each user has their own file for DPSpool output
path is: C:\Documents and Settings\"username"\dpspool\printdoc (Users
Dpspool folder only has printdoc in it)
so example top of report"

--------------------Prompt for Value of Report Variable
249 ------------------
--------------------Store Value in Report Variable
250 -----------------------
--------------------Turn File
Off--------------------------------------------
--------------------Begin Writing to Filename in Report Variable
250 --------
--------------------Turn File
On---------------------------------------------

RV249 prompts for user initials which is "username"
RV 250 is an adaptation of your suggested RV250

cat.c["c:\docume~1\"RV249"\dpspool\printdoc\";
    apply.format["G999";today - date[1;1;year[today]] + 1]
        apply.format["G99999";now];
         ".{5}"]

Maybe I'm missing something but maybe replacing

cat.c["c:\docume~1\"RV249"\dpspool\printdoc\";

with

cat.c["c:\docume~1\"RV249"\desktop\printdoc";

could achieve what you want.
(This is of course the servers' user desktop not the client user desktop
which maybe a different story)

A few maybes there, but hopefully something you can possibly work with.

Regards

Colin Roberts